It is hard to believe that the 2017-2018 year is underway, and I’m your State President. Seems like only yesterday that I was asking Mom about BPW and wanting to join the group.
I would like to give a very special THANK YOU to Past State Presidents, Jane Miller and Connie McGinness, for the beautiful installation of your Executive Committee and the Regional Directors. Another special thanks goes to PSP Sharon Tuttle for the beautiful wall hanging.
I have chosen “Piecing Lives Together” as my theme this year. As an organization, we have many lives that we have pieced together to make this a great organization.
I have chosen the following as my goals for 2017/2018:
- Raise awareness of the increase of Domestic Violence, Human Trafficking and Child Abuse.
- Maintaining all clubs throughout the State, and increase membership by 5%.
- Get involved in your Community to make your club visible.
- Encourage members to use the Business Women of Missouri website and Social Media.
- Continue to support Women and the Families of Women in the Military.
- Pass the ERA for all people.
- Promote the Business Women of Missouri Foundation to empower Women through education.
As we begin this year, I encourage all of you to make plans to attend the Leadership Conference August 4-5, 2017, at Budget Lodging in St Clair, Mo. I know that Micah is planning a great Conference.
We will start with a State Board of Directors Meeting on Friday Evening, which is always open to all members. And the Leadership Conference is on Saturday. I look forward to seeing everyone as I make plans to attend all of the Regional Conferences. I would like to encourage all member to attend their Regional Conference.
And as we are “Piecing Lives Together”, we need all members to get involved to meet my goals and the goals of this great organization.
Business Women of Missouri