Every year, our organization sets goals and topics for the year that we are striving to accomplish. For the 2017-2018 year, and under our President’s them “Piecing Lives Together” we are focusing on the following topics in the various programs we run all year long:
Issues Management Topics 2017-2018
Piecing Lives Together:
- Request a speaker to raise awareness on the topics of domestic violence, human trafficking and child abuse, and provide support to the agencies working with these individuals.
- We can support women in the military serving and their families.
- We can mentor and empower women through education and support our Business Women of Missouri Foundation.
- We can expand, encourage, and invite others in our communities to increase our membership.
- Encourage members to become more involved in the community to make your local more visible.
This can be achieved by inviting guest speakers, advertising monthly meetings, and sending photos to local newspapers with information highlighting the work of each local. Keep President Shelia’s goals in mind to accomplish this.
Individual Growth Topics 2017-2018
- How can I piece lives together by encouraging my club to get involved in our community and as a result making our club more visible.
- Piece lives together by raising of Human Trafficking.
- Piece lives together by promoting the BWM Foundation to empower Women through education.
Generations Taking Charge Topics 2017-2018
- How can I make difference in awareness of the increase of Domestic Violence, Human Trafficking, and Child Abuse?
- What would the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment mean for me, and how can I help to achieve ratification?
- What will I take away from taking part in the Generations Taking Charge program?
Mentoring Topics 2017-2018
- Have each Club implement a plan to have older members mentor the newer ones.
- Have each Club implement a plan to contact/mentor club members that are absent from meetings.
- Have each Club implement a plan to get involved in the Community to make BWM more visible.