Traditionally, Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks and gratitude.
To celebrate, we’ve rounded up our favorite quotes from empowering women who express the importance of gratitude in everyday life.
1. “Gratitude is looking on the brighter side of life, even if it means hurting your eyes.” –Ellen DeGeneres
2. “I am grateful for the blessings of wealth, but it hasn’t changed who I am. My feet are still on the ground. I’m just wearing better shoes.” –Oprah Winfrey
3. “Gratitude never radicalized anybody. I don’t care if they recognize the past, I just want them to get angry about the present and keep going.” –Gloria Steinem
4. “Real gratitude for the things I took for granted before — like life.” –Sheryl Sandberg
5. “I want to thank my parents for raising me to have confidence that is somehow disproportionate with my looks and abilities. Well done. That is what all parents should do.” –Tina Fey
6. “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” –Maya Angelou
7. “‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” –Alice Walker